Monday, August 17, 2015

And You Can Quote Me


Me: “I’m sort of celebrating my birthday month by putting up quotes every day [on FB].”

Guy: “Celebrating your birthday MONTH?!  That’s a thing??”

Me: “Well, yeah…”

It is for me!  At least this year.  So, August has seen the most FB activity from me in a very, very long time.  

I’ve never done this before.  I mean, last year I celebrated my birthday week and thought that was going a little crazy.  Granted, I was traveling and having a grand time seeing friends and the sites, so, of course, I loved it and didn’t want the week to end. 

There’s only been one other person that I’ve known to vocally and unashamedly celebrate his birthday for the entire month.  To me, my month-long celebration is subtle.  Surprisingly, it’s done some things I didn’t exactly expect.  It's helped me to listen better and look out for some good times during the day. 

Not that I’m only listening for the “best quote” all the time or that I’ll only talk to you to get a good line.  Trust me, it just happens.  People are hilarious or insightful or both.  Reminds me of a quote… “Be profound, funny, or quiet.”  Haha!  So yeah, if you can make me laugh, think deeply, or touch me with a kind word, it is more likely to go on my wall and stay in my head and heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment