Sunday, April 8, 2018

Hurting

I've become way more aware of people's struggles and people who are hurting.  I probably haven't felt this way since losing my brother, Jordan.  I'm just really, really sad, and I look and see hurting people all around me. 

Whether it's hurting in marriage or hurting because of getting out of a marriage or whether it's losing a loved one or the thought of losing a loved one, people are hurting in many ways all the time. 

I think of that quote that basically says you don't know what people are going through so be kind.  It's true.  Unless they open up or something explicit happens for you to know, you would never know.  People can be really good at hiding what's wrong. 

I suppose since I've opened up about my relationship that has ended right now and the hope I still have, others have shared their struggles with me.  It not only helps me know that I'm not alone but it helps me to know how to pray.

As I've been scrolling through pictures and thinking of memories, I pray every day for the man I dated -- for many things but one is for God's will to be done.  Honestly, I used to pray about one thing in particular but, since talking to a friend, I think I can more simply pray "God's will be done" and be confident that God is truly at work to accomplish it in his life.  And mine.  And yours. 

It's hard to lose someone so close to you, someone you love.  It's hard for you to see someone close suffering.  It's hard to feel tortured in your own mind or home or life.

And yet, prayer changes things.  When there's nothing left to do, pray.  Cry out to God, for he hears His children and will answer.  But also, know that He will wipe away every tear and make every wrong right, in His timing. 

I don't have all the answers; I don't have something witty to say.  In fact, I usually I don't know what to say.  For some, I can actually extend a hug. For others, it is all I can do to say that I hurt with them and for them.  And that I'll definitely be praying for them.

I know so many have been praying for me and I can feel it.  I am very grateful.  And I try to do the same for them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment