Thursday, May 26, 2016

India

The medical trip I was so fortunate to go on came up again yesterday, so the good memories came flooding back!  It also reminded me that I never did get those thank you cards out to my supporters.  Whoops!  If I had, here’s what it would have said:

The trip to India was just incredible!!  There’s too much to say about God’s goodness, protection, love, provision, and joy among many things displayed during the trip.  Some major factors that made my time in India so impactful include

1)  the team – 21 different individuals made the medical and dental teams, each with a specific job.  We got along so well!  Everyone was willing to serve and not argue.  It was absolutely refreshing.  I was on the dental team as an assistant, which was awesome because I go to see a completely different profession and got to know my Godly team members well.

2)  the team we partnered with – they fed us, transported us, and lodged us when necessary.  They interpreted for us as well and just made things seamless, which was due to a lot of work before we even set foot in country.  Seeing their work and vision along with their hearts for their own people was encouraging and special.

3)  the Indian people – each person we were able to provide services for (a little under 3,200 people in 7 different villages in 3.5 days!) were so very appreciative.  For dental, the Indians were brave.  All the long days were definitely worth it when you saw the look of gratitude and relief on their faces.

4)  you – I was blown away by who supported me (with finances and prayers) and how much people gave.  It was definitely a faith-builder to become fully funded to go!  I am so humbled and grateful to have gone and all thanks in part to you!

A lot of memories were made, new friendships forged, and a lot of personal and spiritual growth happened.  I have no doubt more will come from the trip in the future as God uses it and me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment