Sunday, March 29, 2015

Happiness


I was recently asked if I was happy with my life.  I immediately said yes…with the exception that I’m not 100% happy with my job. 

Long story short, I love my co-workers and helping the patients I see, when I see them.  There in lies the problem.  They don’t show up sometimes!  In the end, I don’t feel busy, productive, or challenged. 

I can’t complain, honestly.  I love my life, and I’m genuinely happy.

While running, though, I remembered that my happiness shouldn’t hinge on some one or some thing.  Period.

My happiness should be in God, for many reasons.  He doesn’t change, He is faithful, He loves me, He has saved me because of Christ’s work on the cross, etc. etc.  So, even if I might be frustrated with my job or disappointed by someone, I still have no excuse not to be happy, if I’m getting it from the correct and best source.

Happiness is a synonym for joy, and joy is a fruit of the Spirit.  Even if my world crumbles, I still have God and He is enough.  He is my source of joy.

What’s yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment