Thursday, May 28, 2015

Kiddos


Hey, guess what?!  I have 3 kids!  Or at least I like to think I do.

I got my first kiddo when he was 5 through Gospel for Asia.  He lives in India and is loved and educated at Bridge of Hope.  He’s also loved and supported by me, which is a joy!  We send each other letters.  Yep, his handwriting is just adorable.

My second kiddo was adopted at birth and then unofficially adopted by me.  She lives in the US and I get to see her about once a month.  We read together a lot and she is so bright but hearing her sweet, soft “Miss Jessie” melts my heart every time.  It’s the best!

My last kiddo came to me through Compassion.  He lives in Africa and is 6 years old.  He’s growing big and strong at a church child development center.  We write letters to each other, too, and I send fun things like stickers while he sends me cute colorings.  Yep, his artwork is just adorable. 

The best thing is that I know each one of “my” kids are being told the gospel!  They’re also being fed, clothed, and educated while being active, disciplined, and taught how to function in society.  I wouldn’t have it any other way.  

I may never see two of them (though that would be amazing!) and I hope to be intentional with the one I am able to see, since I believe children are a blessing and need to be loved and instructed in the way to go.  I'm so glad to be partnering with such great companies to see this become a reality and that my friends allow me to be in their daughter's life.

So, if that weren’t reason enough to support and love kiddos, I was blessed with a good family so I know it’s importance and influence, and I’ve been blessed with means to bless someone else, so I’m going to it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment