Sunday, May 17, 2015

Miscellaneous


Someone once gawked at the fact that I had a blog.  He didn’t understand how someone would decide what to write about, since he felt like he didn't have enough material.  I was thinking more along the lines of, "What the heck do I choose to write about!  There are too many choices!"  Today that feeling is on steroids.

I usually get one good topic, if you will, stuck in my head.  More times than not, it has just recently happened.  I mean, the blog writes itself!  It’s pretty cool, really.  And boils down to the fact that I type out some of my thoughts.

Tonight is crazy!  I have so many topics whizzing around in my head.  Do I write about…

My Yellowstone trip failure
How guys are cray cray
Cancer and suffering
Roommates
Army: life and lessons learned
Driving
How I can’t stand people not texting back
My nervous but excited state with starting a new job
A favorite hymn
Planning on doing piano lessons
The importance and impact of words
Looking for a sports car
How I had a “that could be me” moment (and I’m not sure I’m okay with it)
Catch-ups with friends
My 3 kids

Maybe I should take votes from readers :)

Well, to cut the suspense, I’m not going to talk about any of those this post.  Just thinking about everything I want to say and could say makes me 1) appreciate those who really do listen to me and care to hear what I say, 2) want to choose the right people to share things with, and 3) realize that, if I get married, I’m going to need an amazing husband who will put up with all my ramblings.

In the meantime, there are very, very few people I will tell everything on my mind to and for this reason they have the blessed title of “best friend.”  I’m seeing said person next weekend and I’ve obviously got a lot to tell her!

1 comment: