Monday, May 4, 2015

Post-Training


Amidst the many hugs upon returning home, I heard a lot of comments:

“You have so many bruises…”
“You’re so skinny!”
“You look so buff!  Watch out for those guns.  …Man, I want you on my side”
“You look great!”
“You met the guy of your dreams, didn’t you?!”
“I can tell you’re different, changed for the better.”
"You look so tan!"

Not gonna lie, I liked all the comments. :)  However, one of the best was “Glad you’re back!  I/We missed you!”  It’s always nice to know you’re loved.

I also loved seeing some good friends right off the bat, being able to share some stories, and getting to catch up on life.

My training was like nothing else I’ve ever done.  I went through a gas chamber, performed hand-to-hand combat, rescued “patients”, flew in a Blackhawk, made hard choices, was platoon sergeant, ate a lot of food (MREs aren't too bad...), completed marches that went for miles, carried pounds of gear, woke up ridiculously early, went to bed ridiculously early, and so much more.  I’m glad I finished and finished on a high note.  I’m stronger and more confident, to say the very least.  I learned so much about myself and the Army while meeting incredible people.  I persevered but most definitely would not have made it without God, prayer, and friends.

I’m ready for whatever’s next, civilian side or Army side!  And one thing is coming next week.  Yipee!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you keep challenging yourself! You always have. So I'm pretty sure you always will.

    ReplyDelete