Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Rapid Fire

Some people don't like change.  I don't mind too much.  Actually, it seems to be quite the theme in my life these days.  So much change in so little time!

I wouldn't change it for the world! (Did you get that?)  I'm getting to see and do so much, and I definitely wouldn't be able to if I had stayed in one place.  I mean, the country we live in is immense and I'm thankful for the opportunity to explore it.

I've also come to realize I've only been traveling for less than a year yet, some days, it feels much longer.  I can't believe only two months ago I was leaving Iowa and six months ago I was leaving South Dakota.  All the while, taking time off in Texas.  It's kinda crazy. 

I miss the friends I made, the friends I left, and the cities, too.  I think of them often.  Needless to say, I'm truly grateful for all who make a true effort to keep up in some form or fashion.  For instance, just today my PT guy sent me an informative article on running for my reading pleasure.  It was helpful and made me feel loved :)  Gosh, everyone needs a stellar PT guy in their life!

Really, how can I not miss and reminisce when South Dakota was one of the best summers of my life?!  Some times it feels like a distant memory, and other times it feels like it was just the other day.  And now that I'm creeping up on my 1 year travel mark, it seems slightly unfathomable. 

Time just goes by so quickly and is most definitely super jam-packed with all sorts of events and changes.  So, two weeks to me can feel like two months!  Honest.

A friend recently told me that she heard people only remember three days out of a month.  Yikes!  Think about that.  If you're only remembering three days a month, that's only 36 days out of the year.  Whoa. 

The reason?  People are in a routine. They get used to doing the same thing and not much is varied so nothing really stands out except for a few things. 

I found that interesting and, whether fool-proof or not, I feel the opposite is happening to me right now.  Lots and lots of days stand out in the month as of late.

The reason?  I posit it is because I don't have a routine, among other things.  My routine is not having a routine…?  Or, maybe more accurately, my routine is just trying to find my next temporary one.  Ha!

I've found that my work schedule and the fitness center schedule kind of dictate what my week will look like while on an assignment.  Surely others can relate.  Still, now that I know this, I think I'm going to try to combat it and break out of the norm more often.  

Currently, West Virginia is following suit, in its own way, with the other two assignments -- mapping out a schedule, exploring my surroundings, making some friends, and learning oh so much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment