Thursday, December 1, 2022

Aunt Jessie

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Typically low stress but all the same great food with family.

This Thanksgiving was pretty special because my whole immediate family was together, and it was by baby girls first! Not only that but I got to be Aunt Jessie for a while, a role I have not played for a very long time.

I also snagged the elusive nap. It was magical.

We met at my brother's house, who lives in Georgia. My grandma Lulu traveled with my parents to be there. Everyone pitched in to bring something or make something. In the midst of crazy work schedules, everyone was able to make the meal and spend the day together!

One of the few traditions my family has kept is to go around the table and say what we are thankful for, as you hold a leaf. The leaf indicates your turn to speak, though little ones definitely spoke out of order, haha! My brother's kids are 6 and 4 and they were both thankful for "baby cousin." :)

Aunt Jessie got to play with her niece and nephew outside, playing games and talking and laughing. Others watched football, played with the dogs, ate too much, sat and relaxed. Everyone held baby cousin. I felt I barely saw her, which was a refreshing break and a nice way to know she is so loved.

I am very blessed and praise God for all He has done. I hope you feel the same.


Napping with my niece.


No comments:

Post a Comment