Monday, May 19, 2014

Daddio


Moving isn’t much fun, but you can see who’s got your back. 
I mean, c’mon…

Who will load and unload all my belongings after driving for hours?

Who will read a book with me and discuss it each week?

Who will, in his own way, tell me that the guy I like is a loser and that I should move on?

Who still claims to have a six-pack and then applauds me on my little muscles?

Who will go for a run with me and sometimes around twice (!)?

Who will give me advice about life things like healthcare and retirement?

Who bank rolls some super awesome vacations?

Who works hard to give me nice things?

Who takes better care of my car than I do?

Who can fix almost anything?

Who can I call when I’m lost and don’t know how to get to where I’m going?

Who loses at video games but still plays to have some bonding time?

Who will go on ice cream runs?

Who is a good example of being slow to anger and looking to God?

Who always says, “you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take”?

Who supports me in everything I do and have done?

Who loves me a lot?

My Dad, Jay Zoller, that’s who!  As always, he comes to my rescue, and he’s one of a kind. 
Past or present, he’s the absolute best Dad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment