Thursday, May 29, 2014

Boy, oh boy!

Boys. Are. Fun.  I’m talkin’ ‘bout boyfriends and crushes here.
 
Guys can be sweethearts, goofballs, hopeless romantics, knights in shining armor, a tease, complete goobers, and so much more.  They’ll tease you, make you feel special, flirt with you, hurt you, use you, or have eyes only for you.  Of course, when he’s “your guy,” he can get on your nerves way too fast or do something that you think is inconceivable and ultimately upsets you, yet win your heart with a look, a sincere apology, cuteness, or whatever. Every. Stinkin. Time.

I’ve liked all kinds – the musician, the jock, the pretty-boy, the class-clown, the absolute sweetheart, the I-don’t-know-why-I-like-you-but-I-do guy, the jerk, etc.  I’ve also done the whole “lust at first sight” where you stare at a magazine picture (perfect abs, cute smile, flawless hair...), watch a show to see the super fine actor (i.e. the main character in Arrow), or take like a triple-take in real life (have you always come to this gym?!).

I’m still friends (or, well, FB friends) with most of the guys I’ve liked.  No relationship ever ended badly, thankfully.  It just ran its course or didn’t work out period because it was bad timing, it was only one-sided, I realized he was a jerk, I didn’t want a boyfriend, I was stupid, and the like.  No guy I’ve liked talks or sees me now for reasons like they’re happily married, they’re happily dating, we live in different states, we went to different colleges, I don’t want to waste my time, there’s no effort, and so on.  Every. Single. One.  

Sure, I’d like to be friends (real friends) with some of them because I still think they’re cool for whatever reason I was attracted to them in the first place.  For others, it’s either been way too long and there’s no hope or they burned me too bad and there’s no hope or, plainly, I’ve lost hope.  Still, I wouldn’t date any of them [again] because, on a scale of 1 to 10, none of them were my 11.  Not a single one.

Boys. Are. Fun.  I’m just going to continue to wait for my best fit.

… I do have a date this weekend  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment