Monday, May 12, 2014

My First Post!


It’s kinda crazy that I’m writing this.  I never, ever thought I’d write a blog.  After reading my best friend’s blog, I gave it a thought.  Then decided to just try it.  I mean, getting my thoughts out of my head in any fashion has always seemed to help me in the past.  I think it will be good, be therapeutic for me.  Plus, if I actually share my thoughts (which I’m not entirely inclined to do, especially since I tend to need some time to gather my thoughts to be able to say something half-way decent), it may help someone else.  Another person may realize that someone else thinks along the same lines as them, that there’s someone else going through the same thing or something very similar, or that they just need to take a break from their life and see things from a different point of view.  I don’t know.  I’m just going to put my thoughts down and whomever wants to read, comment, roll their eyes, or whatever may.

To be fair, let me tell you a little bit of what you’re getting yourself into if you read this blog…

1. I’m a Christian, who loves Jesus, so all of what I say will have that worldview and a lot of what I say will be about how this, that, or the other is shaping and growing me to be more Christ-like.

2. I’m a Dietitian, who loves food and being healthy, so you will most definitely be getting posts about what I ate, cooked, or baked.  Maybe even pictures!  I like to try different recipes or put together a mish-mash of things I have on hand to create a delicious dish, though I’m probably the only person who will ever find it appealing.

3. I’m 26-year-young woman without kids, pets, a husband, or a boyfriend, so I will not be writing about kids, pets, or husbandy-things.  Relationship stuff, of course, whether romantic or otherwise.  And yes, I want to married and to have kids but that day is not today.

4. I like where I work, even though I just started, so I will talk about work encounters with pregnant women and a bunch of women who are married.  Since I’m just starting out as an RD, I’m exploring my options and will post what happens in my career.

5. I love to travel and be active and will try most anything once, so watch out for blog posts on these topics.

6. I think of things that I want to possibly post on FB but don’t because no one might get it or read it or for the reason that the little “what’s on your mind” box seems too small, so now I have a platform.  Hehe.

7. I like to have points and a good flow but sometimes my posts will be random or short and possibly sporadic.

The list could go on, but you’ve got some heads up :)  I’m writing because I want to, and if others enjoy it and benefit from it, great!  
Let’s see where this goes…

- Jessie

2 comments:

  1. 8. I like to run marathons, and I'm really good at it, so expect some tips and stories about my experiences. :)

    I'm so glad you started a blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!
      9. I try to be modest, but I guess I can't help what my friends say, so all I can do is laugh, blush, and say thank you :) Love you, MR!
      P.S. As if you didn't know/couldn't tell, you're the friend who's blog I read :)

      Delete