Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Guy Explosion


My dating life reflects “guy explosions.”  You know, there’s a ton of guys interested in me for however long then there’s a lull then there’s another explosion of guys interested in me and so on and so forth. 

6 guys in 4 months.  Guy explosion.

Guy #1:  Blind date. Enough said.  See ya!

Guy #2:  Random meeting of friends saved the date.  Bye!

Guy #3:  Only wanted 1 thing.  You know what I’m talking about.  Deuces.

Guy #4:  Random text.  Then nothing, signaling a lack of interest.  Ain’t nobody got time for that.

I could have easily fallen for Guy #5 and Guy #6 was persistent, which I admire, but neither of them made a good fit for different reasons. 

Thankfully, I always learn something about myself (whether good, bad, or ugly) and about what I want in a boyfriend/husband no matter the guy.  I mean, isn’t a part of dating to discover what you like and dislike or what you’re willing to live with or not live without?  So, dating is good and fun yet challenging and sometimes exhausting. 

I’ve always prayed for the right guy at the right time, so I’m looking forward to the next guy explosion!


Note:  This post is not intended to criticize anyone, and the guys are left anonymous for that reason and more.  I truly appreciate guys expressing interest in me, wanting to get to know me, just being friends, and/or asking me out.  The post is just supposed to be funny but real.  I am not a dating pro by any means and am constantly learning to be open-minded yet adhere to my standards.  It's a process and one I think most, if not all, can relate to whether it was in the past or is taking place in the present.


No comments:

Post a Comment