Monday, September 29, 2014

New England (Part 2)


I basically had to give everything but my first-born child to the rental car place so that I could drive to Cape Cod.   It was ridiculous!  I’ve rented a car before and didn’t have any trouble.  I blame Rhode Island.

To start, I called the rental place while on the bus to pick up the car.  The guy informed me that I could rent from a different, closer location for basically the same price, which had been jacked up from the internet quoted price, of course.  He also proceeded to tell me over the phone of all the documents I would need to rent it if I could get to the place in time.  I was like, “Listen, buddy, I have to rent a car.  I’m not staying the night in Rhode Island.  I don’t know anyone here.  I’m supposed to be in Cape Cod.”  I didn’t bother disputing the price while on a crowded bus, especially since I was in the middle of talking to the driver so that I could get back to where I got on. 

Good news: I got back to where I started, found the rental place, pulled the necessary documents out of thin air, and rented the car in maybe the span of an hour.  Thank goodness for my Dad helping me out, the internet, nice bus drivers, and not getting killed while crossing at least four lanes of traffic while doing the “backpack run.”  Haha!

Oh, adventures while traveling!!  And they didn’t stop there :)

I drove to Cape Cod and settled into my hostel.  That night I planned the next two days and then took a shower outside.  Yeah, the hostel had these cool outdoor shower stalls!  I was skeptical, but it was awesome.  I want one outside my future house.  Just sayin’.

As I was talking to a woman sharing the hostel room with me, I discovered that the beach I planned on seeing the sunrise at was one of the top ten most beautiful beaches in the world!!  It was the Coast Guard Beach, and I’ll let the pictures below speak for themselves.  I definitely went back the next morning.  I also decided that I could watch the sunrise (and sunset, for that matter) at the beach every day of my life and not get tired of it.

After the sunrise each morning, I had a ginormous and delicious (and free – cha-ching!) breakfast at the hostel then hopped on my rental bike, which had absolutely no hassles attached to it unlike the rental car.  I rode that bike up and down the Cape Cod National Seashore and the Cape Cod Rail Trail bike routes to quaint and postcard-esque seaside towns and to the ocean and beaches.  I even ventured off to the bay for a nice, small change.  These two days of in Cape Cod were the BEST!!  This is something I’d have to joyously explain in person.  Written words won’t do.  Nonetheless, I strongly suggest everyone go to Cape Cod in the summer at least once in their life.

As I said goodbye to the Cape and promised I’d be back (if not every summer thereafter), I returned the rental car and caught a train to Boston to meet another friend.  We found each other and then went back to her place to make muffins and plan the next two days worth of fun! 

The next day, my birthday, we met up with another friend of mine from college who had just moved to Boston the previous week.  The three of us walked around Boston, seeing Quincy Market, walking the harbor, watching street performers, and shopping (i.e. buying myself a birthday present).  The weather was perfect.  Absolutely perfect.  Everything made for a nice, leisurely day except my headache, ha!  Oh, well.

The last day of my vacation, my friend and I drove to New Hampshire solely to drive and enjoy the Kancamagus Highway.  My friend said that she wished I could be here in the fall to see all the gorgeous foliage but, really, I thought it incredibly beautiful as it was.  So many trees!  So much green!  I loved it.  Still, I told that I’d be back, for sure.

We had some awesome seafood before heading back to the Boston airport to catch my flight home.  Another great trip with many magnificent memories done and dusted! 

I am so blessed :)

Lots of pictures this time because it was so beautiful!  Some really are worth a thousand words, as they say.  They also say that the picture doesn't do it justice, which is also true in this case, I think.  I have to say that it's awesome that I didn't do anything to these pictures.  Yep, no editing whatsoever!  Just pushed that little button to take each one.






*lots of seals!

^ Day 1 Sunrise ^



*beach pit stop for lunch


^ Day 1 Bike Ride ^





^ Sunset ^






^ Day 2 Sunrise ^ 


*ate everything cuz a girl's gotta eat, especially for a 15+ mile bike ride :)






^ Day 2 Bike Ride ^


*bike bracelet: Happy Birthday to me!



^ Boston ^







^ New Hampshire ^


No comments:

Post a Comment