Sunday, October 5, 2014

Thank You!


Your Mom is one of your biggest fans, right?  Because of that I know mine reads my blog.  My grandfather also reads it and has something to say about each one but that’s another story. 

Thanks to everyone who reads my blog and special thanks to those who’ve told me you’ve read it!  It’s really nice to know that more people than my Mom and grandfather read this little blog of mine!

Obviously, the posts are small, simple snapshots of my mind and heart or simply what’s going on in life.  They can by no means fully express everything that I would like to say or everything that I’m thinking.  That’s more for an actual conversation.  But you knew that. 

However, writing clears my head in a sense and helps me to focus on one subject.  Plus, let’s be real, I can’t go on and on like I might like because I figure I have your attention for about 5 minutes read-time, and I want to make at least one good point that you remember, that gets you thinking or talking.

Hopefully whatever you read is encouraging at the very least.  It may just let you know that someone else is thinking the same thing, like longing for heaven as one friend said she had just been talking about the subject after I posted my blog.  (Thanks, Angel!)

Hopefully whatever you read gets you thinking.  My friend has been thinking about the dating world and read my “guy explosion” post.  She thought it was funny and that I had a quick radar.  I explained (which maybe I should have said this in my post but oh well now) that only 2 guys had a relationship with God.  This is my #1 criteria for whomever I date/marry because my faith is the most important thing to me, so if I can’t share that with a guy, it’s an easy ‘one-and-done.’  She thought about it and agreed and even shared some great articles with me on the subject of dating.  (Thanks, Namie!)

Hopefully whatever you read ‘spurs some discussion,’ as one friend ingeniously put it.  A discussion is just a conversation to me.  Maybe the post will give you something to say to a co-worker that you’ve been trying to strike some common ground with or just enable you to get to know someone better with “I read about ______ today.  I thought it was crazy/interesting/comical/weird/great because _____!  What do you think?”  (Thanks, David!)

Heck, you don’t even have to read my blog to start a conversation!  I had a friend say one day, “I wasn’t able to read your post but saw that you joined the Army.  Tell me about that!”  I did.  I liked being able to tell her in person, but I was also appreciative that she cared enough to ask about it.  (Thanks, Jennifer!)

Even if no one read my blog but one person (Mom), it would be worth it.  Enjoy for however long I blog, and thanks again to all who read!  

2 comments:

  1. I read and enjoy your blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say? Writers love to read other writers! I think your blogs are great and I can certainly hear your "voice" both in my head as I read and yours as a writer. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete