Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Medical Missions


Helping others!  Using skills!  Seeing results!  Meeting needs!  Sharing joy!

These are just a few of the things I am looking forward to when I go to Guatemala for a medical mission trip during spring break (March 7-14th) with my church.  During the trip, I will be able to share my dietetic skills with those in Guatemala, and I am so excited!!  I have always loved to travel and I love being a Dietitian, so I cannot wait to blend the two for this trip.  What makes this trip even better is that it will provide the opportunity to share the gospel in order to help people's spiritual needs, not just their physical needs.  I cannot wait to go!

This will be my first medical mission trip, and I am happy to be going with my church, Christ Chapel Bible Church (CCBC).  Our team of 20 includes doctors, nurses, dentists, a physical therapist, and me as a Dietitian as well as school teachers and others who speak Spanish.  We plan on providing medical, dental, and eye care, as well as giving out necessary medications and teaching healthy habits with our partner, Manna Worldwide, a Christian organization focused on caring for impoverished children.  We will also be involved in adult and children ministries sharing the Good News.  Did I mention that I cannot wait to go?!  :)

First, I cannot say how much prayer is a necessary component of the trip.  On a previous mission trip, I just knew people from all over were praying for me, for my team, and for God to open hearts.  Please join me in praying for the people of Guatemala to receive Christ and to be blessed by our medical services.  Please pray that our team would serve and love like Christ and that we would work well together in all phases of the trip, especially since there is a lot of preparation to be done before we leave such as having packing parties so that we have necessary supplies.  Please also pray and consider giving towards our trip monetarily so that this trip can become a reality.

The disclaimer:  Giving to the trip is completely optional, as is praying, of course.  I would hope that this would be a means to sow in faith whether through prayer or giving and that you would then see and hear of the rewards.  All monetary gifts are tax-deductible and non-refundable.   All excess funds raised will be used toward global mission endeavors as directed by CCBC.

If you choose to give, you can do so by mail or on-line.  I will not know who gives or how much is given by each person/couple.

Mail: Make checks payable to CCBC.  Do not write in the memo line, but include a separate note with my name, Jessie Zoller, as I am the person you are supporting.  The address is:
Christ Chapel Bible Church
Attn: Global Missions
3701 Birchman Ave
Fort Worth, TX 76107

On-line:  Go to www.ccbcfamily.org/give and click on “mission trip donation” on the right-hand menu and follow the instructions.  In the “Mission Trip” dropdown menu, you will need to select my trip: “Medical – Spring Break 2015.”  You will also need to spell my name correctly – Jessie Zoller.

If you have questions or would like a hard copy of the letter, please let me know!

Here’s to seeing God work as well as continuing to be humbled and excited about being a part of something bigger than myself!  Thanks for reading and for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment