Saturday, November 26, 2016

Praise and Thankfulness

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow
Praise Him all creatures here below
Praise Him above ye heavenly host
Praise Father Son and Holy Ghost
Amen

The doxology was sung on Thanksgiving evening, which I had the privilege to partake in with a newly made friend and her family.  I think it fitting to begin with it as I share a belated giving of thanks post.

I have so much to be thankful for... it's mind-boggling!  I do enjoy taking the time to think through all the things, people, and events that I sam thankful to have in my life.  It's not just a one day out of the year time.  Yet, I take a lot of things for granted so having one special day to really evaluate what to be thankful for is a blessing.  It's my favorite holiday for many reasons, that being one.

My family passes around a leaf that says "I'm thankful for…"  When you have the leaf, you can say as much or as little as you wish.  I think that's one tradition that's actually kept going, and I love it. 

Although I was not present this year to hold the leaf and there's SO much to list, I will say that I'm thankful for:

Family 
   They are always there for me, and I know they are proud of me and care about me and love me very much. 

Friends
   Who are forever friends
   Who stay in touch
   Who come visit
   Who are "new"
   Who love me despite the ugly 
   Who offer advice
   Who listen
   Who comfort me
   Who care
   Who let ME into their lives

Health 
   It seems crazy but I'm actually thankful for my knee injury because it's made me slow down, made me relatable and not invincible, made me try other things out, and has actually made me more grateful for the ability to be active (thankful to be able to run in particular) because there was a time when I didn't know if it would be possible. 

Entertainment 
   It may seem silly but I am actually really thankful for good music and the talented people who provide it.  I'm realizing how much I listen to music and now I even seek out concerts of some of my favorite's. I also truly appreciate a talented artist. 

My job
   I love being a Dietitian and learning from my coworkers and even patients.  Some nurses are pretty awesome, too ;)  Every day is different and holds new challenges.  It also pays the bills so praise God!  

Hard times
   Details aren't necessary but I've definitely had highs and lows, and have had a lot of lessons learned.  I am definitely better off for them, so I will give thanks.  Plus, I've also realized that a good, ugly cry is okay; A weight was lifted. 

Misc. 
   Sleep
   Scarves
   Fall and it's glorious weather 
   Personal passions
   Books
   Food
   
And yet, all of this pales in comparison to the fact that I am most thankful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow
Praise Him all creatures here below
Praise Him above ye heavenly host
Praise Father Son and Holy Ghost
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment