Sunday, December 4, 2016

Used

When you read the Bible and you've heard the Bible stories before, sometimes you miss or take for granted the beauty that it holds. 

Sometimes when you hear of just one person's life it can be muted or just nice in the moment, if that makes sense, but this morning I heard a list of people in the Bible that God greatly used.  It opened my eyes and touched my heart. 

It went something like this:

Noah was a drunkard.
Abraham was too old to have kids.
Moses was a murder and stutterer. 
Joseph was abused.
King David was a murder and an adulterer. 
Samson had long hair and was a womanizer. 
Saul was too religious. 
Martha was a worrier.
Peter denied Christ three times.
Rahab was a prostitute.
Zacchaeus was too small.
Jeremiah was too young.
Elijah was suicidal.
Lazarus was dead.
And more. 

I thought of how I might be described and what I want to actually be remembered for.  Whoa.  Parts of my lifestyle need to change, parts of my thinking need to change, parts of my beliefs of God need to change, etc. Thankfully, I know they can.

But really, praise God that He can and will use anyone, like you and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment