Saturday, December 31, 2016

The Power of Words

realize a picture is worth 1000 words, which is probably why I like Instagram so much, but even the most simple sentence can have a profound impact. 

Words can heal or they can tear down; they can bring people together or are they can make the gap wider. There are no take backs, only apologies to try and smooth over hurt feelings. Choose wisely.

Now then, this past contract job has been the most difficult time for different reasons. Even though there was a lot of good that came from it, I decided to write things down to get me through the midst of it. I wrote phrases and whatnot on Post-it notes and stuck them to my door frame. They came from the Bible, a book I read, sermons I heard, my own thoughts, etc. Might be the first time I've really done anything like that but it was very helpful. 

I realize some things will be only for me but I still think someone could benefit from them too. So, I'll share some with you...

"Lord, I am willing to --
receive what you give 
lack what you withhold 
relinquish what you take."

"Jesus for me always clinches the deal, and I sometimes wonder why I did not listen to him in the first place."

"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for in Yah, the LORD, is everlasting strength."

"Thank you, heavenly father, for giving me the skill, ability, and health to do my work today."

"Life isn't better because of this person or that thing. Life is better because of Christ."

"God, help me to not lose focus. Love, Me"

"God is infinitely valuable and all satisfying."

"Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit."

"But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation."

"Her eyes sparkled brightly and she answered with a laugh as friendly as the mailman's ring when you know there's a letter for you."

"… But it's completely accurate, and as long as the answers right, who cares if the question is wrong? If you want sense, you'll have to make it yourself."

"So many things are possible just so long as you don't know they're impossible."

"Most people do not see things as they ARE; rather, they see things as THEY are."

"God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love, and of a sound mind."

"Spiritually speaking, there are no dead ends."

"Love what you have -- right now."

"Daily life now requires prayer and discernment more than knee-jerk responses towards either the conservative or liberal end of the spectrum."

"God, help my unbelief."

"Read your Bible, pray every day, and you'll grow grow grow!

"How happy are they who can resign all to him, see his hand in every dispensation, and believe that he chooses better for them then they possibly could for themselves."

"STOP. Look for the good!"

"There is a God-size hole in all of us, waiting to be filled."

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."

"God, I accept your agenda for this situation, whatever that may be."

"I love you, my child. I love you. -God"

No comments:

Post a Comment