Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Sweat is Fat Crying

The fitness center here has been one of the best things to happen!  It's seriously saved me and helps me practice what I preach/keep the body God gave me going!  

I've definitely become a gym rat because... what else is there to do!  So, it's obviously where I get a challenging workout but also the place where I've met the majority of my friends, which is ironic since I usually don't talk to people while I'm working out nor do I even like working out with people unless it's in a class.  Now I like it. 

I'm usually "in the zone" and people are afraid to talk to me, actually.  Whoops!  I'm just focused and on a mission!  Probably looked like that yesterday and today, both of which I really just needed the gym time to be distracted from life -- the unknown in it, the decisions that loom, the disappointments, and even the enjoyments.  I just need a break from it all and working out helps.

Praying definitely helps, too, as does talking to fellow workout partners, even just for a short time.  I mean, one lady thinks I'm smart and wants me to date her son, so that's flattering :)  We talk about diet and nutrition, which is another thing I like about the fitness center environment -- more people are motivated to be healthy and are actually interested in what I have to say about nutrition. 

Anyway, working out in the class setting also allows me to be able to listen to other's stories.  I think of the woman who moved to Iowa from California, bless her heart, because she was in foster care and now, long story short, she has had nine kids and looks absolutely amazing!  She's been working out and changed her diet drastically.  I like hearing those types of stories a lot.  

I've also learned about the awesome instructor's lives as well. One of whom lived in Texas for a time so can relate to me!  Another gives me and others a hard time and does a good, "fun" workout "that's going to suck" while also getting himself into trouble…  Haha!  See below. 

Too be sure not every class or gym time is as chatty, but then again, the swim aerobics class I attend is basically a social hour for some.  The ladies gab and I do join in sometimes, yet I want to get a good workout in and I sometimes have things to do afterwards, so I don't like to just play around.  And heaven help me if I start being a cougar like the older lady I saw last night!!  It made the class pretty hilarious lemme tell ya.  I laughed during class and then a lot afterwards when I told the guy instructor, who was clueless.  Oh, man...  Watch out. 

Back to working out.  If I'm not good and sweaty by the end of my workout, then it doesn't count in my book.  Usually not a problem, ha!  But seriously, I know it just depends on the workout.  I feel incredible after almost every yoga class and just break a baby sweat, while I'm sometimes drenched after HIIT and know I'll be sore the next day.  I like it all. 

I've tried out several classes and had forgotten how much I like the camaraderie, the instructor pushing you and encouraging you, and the good feeling after a fantastic workout.  So good.  

think I'll push myself when I do my own thing but it's not the same.  Then there's the fact, like I said, that I've been able to make friends.  It's especially nice when they all think you're about 23 years old -- may I always look younger than I am!  :)  But really, it's as if we like dying at each workout so if someone else is just as crazy to keep coming back then bam! insta-friend!

Every little thing brings back memories of when I was in college getting my health and exercise science degree.  Definitely enjoyed getting that degree at OU so much and wouldn't change it, and even thought about working as a fitness instructor.   

For now, though, I'll just continue to be thankful for such a great facility with wonderful people in it, and hope that my next job will leave me as fortunate.

1 comment: