Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Workout Buddy

Despite witnessing the awesome eclipse with my free glasses (I can't believe people were selling them for so much money!  Or that people were buying them!!), today was a sad day.  Actually, I thought yesterday was a sad day but today proved slightly more so.

My friend had to leave :(  I knew it was coming, but it still came too quickly.  She has gone back to the other side of the state to finish school, so it is legit.  It just leaves me without a workout buddy, weekend activity buddy, or come-by-my-office-to-pass-the-time buddy.  

There's almost no other way to say it: God knows who you need and when!  I definitely needed her as a friend and confidant, a "let's go do this!" go-to gal and someone to graciously listen to me process life -- a lot about relationships and the agonizingly long process of getting into work mode at the new job. 

We immediately hit it off talking about exercising and hiking during orientation.  It's like we were inseparable after.  And we had a lot of fun!

She got me on target for lifting weights for specific muscle groups on different days, since she's been doing it a while.  Boy, am I grateful!  It was the kick in the pants that I needed, as I was thinking about getting a personal trainer.  Well, she definitely became that, and kept me on track!

Workout buddy:  That's working biceps.  We're not doing those today.
Me, slightly whiny:  I know… but I like this one (i.e. exercise). 
Workout buddy:  Nope.  Stop.  Do this. 

We laughed.  A lot.  When you start seeing the same people over and over at the fitness center, you get some inside jokes.  Especially if there are grunters in the room.  Haha!  Life should be fun, you know? :)

We had our "bury/muffle your laughter" moments and our serious moments.  I mean, we both got a good workout in every time it seems, and hard work pays off.  So, I am looking forward to continuing what we started in the fitness center, yet the more serious happenings went down on our hikes and at work.

It was easy to talk about life -- past, present, and future.  We discussed every topic, like flaws and struggles and where we were going and what we wanted.  We definitely talked about our love of food and enjoyed the outdoors and ice cream days together. 

She is smarter, more beautiful, younger, more fit (abs, baby!), more sarcastic, stronger, way more tough, faster, wiser.  She has it together, and she gets all the guys.  All of them.  Need I say more?  She has a fantasticly bright future ahead!  I hope I grow up to be like her :)

She is already missed.  Saying goodbye yesterday and then working out alone today on top of having no visit at work when it was slow was rough.  Thankfully, I count her as a good friend and will visit as soon as possible and pray she comes back as soon as possible after finishing nursing school strong!


No comments:

Post a Comment