Thursday, June 19, 2014

Neighborhood Walks


Neighborhood watch alert:  Two females in workout clothes spotted on the south side of Fort Worth …critiquing houses.

Yep, that’d be me and my roommate.  We like to walk the neighborhood and say exactly what we think about someone’s house and yard.  Nothing's off limits.  It’s good bonding time. 

If someone were to eavesdrop, they would hear one, two, or a ton of phrases like the following:

“That’s terrible!”
“I like their front door.”
“It needs a double-decker patio” (i.e. outside patio/porch on ground floor and on second floor)
“Ugh.” *shudder*
“I’m so confused.” 
“What is that?!”
“Enough with the ugly awnings!”
“I like that one.  I give it an A.”
“Whatever is happening here needs to go.”
“Too flat.”
“Hate the color.”
“It has potential…”
“If they put more into the landscape, it would be a nice-looking house.”
“This one is cute!  I like it.”
“Nice wrap-around porch.”
“Needs a bigger porch.”
“Eh, they made do with what they had to work with.”
“The roof is too pointy”
“Well, we know why that house isn’t selling.”
“They need to get rid of that!”
“I really like this one!  Great porch, good color, nice yard…” 
“I would live there.”

So, if you want an honest critique, call us.  We’d love tell you what we think.  We’ll tell you how to make your house or yard look better, more inviting, or cuter.  We’re obviously pros… but wouldn’t charge too much :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment