Thursday, June 26, 2014

I love lists!


I love lists! 

They help…
me feel good when I cross something off from the “to do’s” ;)
keep me organized
set priorities
visualize what I need to do
determine what I want
                  and so much more!

I have made a list for near everything:
personal goals                                     
professional goals
what I want and look for in a guy               
life bucket list (what I want to do or achieve before I die)
30 before 30 (30 things to do or achieve before I turn 30)
what to buy                          
things to do                          
places to go                         
people to see
                  and the list goes on!  :)

Yep, even people. 

Since I just moved to a new city and don’t know anyone, I have a clean slate.  I can be or do whatever I want, really.  No one knows me, so they can’t put a label on me.  I like that idea.  I also like the idea of keeping in touch with family and friends that I won’t be able to see on a regular basis anymore.  This is where the list comes into play.  I made a list of people whom I love and invested in and whom I want to keep the relationship going. 

New friends will come, and everyone’s lives are busy.  I mean, you make time for what and for whom you love, so there’s no real excuse in my book.  Yet, face-to-face time, one of the best kinds of quality time, is limited.  But no matter how it happens or when it happens, some relationships continue. 

With some friends, I talk to them regularly on the phone or know that I can drive a few hours and spend the day with them and even have a place to crash.  With others, it’s more like a monthly get together or a catch-up text conversation.  Each one is different and several have that awesome “it’s like no time has passed by” vibe. 

Just last night I was able to meet up with a friend, who I haven’t seen or talked to in a while it seems.  I just love her!  She is so passionate about God and what she’s doing to help share the good news in Asia.  Talking with her is always encouraging and challenging because we share about what we’re learning, what we’re currently going through, and what we need such as prayer requests.  It’s refreshing.

She made the list. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment