Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Mind. Body. Spirit.

I was recently given a gift, and I gave a gift.  It's funny to me how the two intertwine, especially when they were quite separate.  The gift I was given was actually very unexpected but a big blessing, and I could only hope that the gift I gave was the same.  At the very least, I was super excited to give it -- it had an awesome theme, ha!

My car got fixed!  While it was sitting in Ohio, it was attempted to be broken into, so the lock was gone and the handlebar broken from the drivers door.  I drove to Iowa as I originally planned and left my car with friends.  By the time I had gotten back to pick up my car with half of my belongings in it, the husband surprised me by having fixed my door!  He kept saying there was no warrantee but I didn't care.  It was great. 

It's gifts like these that are unexpected but oh so nice!  It truly is better to give.  Now I don't have to worry about having my door unlocked (and my car or stuff actually taken) nor do I have to find a place to get it fixed at my next destination.  It's also these types of gifts that I feel like I don't know what to say or do in response.  I almost offered to pay for the parts but I ended up stopping myself and just accepting the gift.  He wanted to do it because he wanted to do it, and I should let him. 

His generosity, I feel, is two-fold: for one, it makes me appreciative and also makes me feel like doing something nice in the future for someone else, almost like paying it forward.  The other thing I gleaned from this is the fact that I did not deserve his generosity or ask him to do what he did for me, and yet he still did it.  It shows me that that is how God works.  If we got what we actually deserve or even what we actually ask for, it is sometimes not going to be good, not going to have a good result.  God knows this and because God loves us He doesn't give us what we ask for sometimes (but what we need) and He gave us the greatest gift of all, His Son.

As for the gift I gave, it's theme was this blog's title and had three separate gifts to represent each category along with a lot of words, haha!  It was fun to put together and I know it did not come from my little brain but from my little heart.  In the end, my friend didn't want to accept it.  His reasoning was easily disregarded in my book because he has no idea how much I spent on any of it.  That and there is another underlying reason from him that I'm also going to slightly disregard, ha!  Now I'm long gone, so he's kinda stuck with it.  Besides, read the above :)

No comments:

Post a Comment