Monday, July 23, 2018

Engaged

I had a feeling it was coming, but I don't do surprises well.  Like at all.  In fact, I was a bit miffed at him in the days leading up to the proposal.  I couldn't exactly understand why he hadn't already asked!  I'm thinking he needs to "crisp it up" (see previous post) and it didn't help hearing excuses along with "What's he waiting for?" or "I thought he would have asked by now" and the like from others. 

If I knew, it would have made things a lot easier.  And obviously ruin the surprise.

So, he got me.  It started with my friend asking us to go on a hike on Saturday super early in the morning to Harney Peak (now call Black Elk Peak).  I didn't think anything of it for many reasons and then I was just excited because, literally the night before she asked us to go on the hike, I had written down a to-do list which included going hiking and getting together with this friend (Katlyn, the great).  

What helped even more was that my boyfriend said he was going to possibly leave and be back hopefully in time for the hike.  I figured he wouldn't be back in time but I didn't care because I was still going to go.  I wanted to go hiking and hang out with my friend.  He clearly did not end up taking the day trip and made the hike.  And now that I know everything, I'm seriously like, "Really? You were thinking of cutting it that close?" 

Good grief.  We made it all the way there and all the way to the top, chatting the whole time.  We reached the tower and I saw a dog that looked familiar and then looked up to see its owners, who are a couple of friends.  I immediately knew.  He was going to propose.  !!!

After I've realized what's about to happen, he grabbed my hands and started his well thought out speech filled with all sorts of sweet things -- how he won the lottery with me, how my eyes melt him, how much we've grown in just a year, etc.  Then he said he loved me and asked me to marry him while getting down on one knee and pulling out the incredible ring. 

I squeaked out a yes and then more yeses since I wasn't heard by our friends, haha!  Celebrating with a mini champagne bottle, hugs and kisses, and congratulations ensued, followed by ice cream at Mount Rushmore.  

It was a whirlwind.  Thankfully, our friends got a video and many pictures to prove it really did happen.  And I have a stunning ring and now fiancé, too :)





No comments:

Post a Comment