Sunday, March 31, 2019

Public Apology

Well, "you reap what you sow" is true.

I had a hurtful situation go down and thought about it.  In doing so, I realized I do the same thing to my Mom a lot.

Sometimes when I talk to her on the phone, I try and do more than one thing (i.e. multitask).  Sometimes it is just fine but a lot of the time I have to stop what I'm doing and give my full attention to the conversation, what I am saying and what she saying.

When I get super distracted and can't form a sentence, she gets frustrated and hurt.  She usually says something or hangs up asking me to call after I finish what I'm doing.  I used to get frustrated with this because I thought she was being a little on the ridiculous side but, now that it happens to me often, I see where she is coming from and agree.

Honestly, now, I don't care if I think I can do multiple things at once.  Bottom line: it is rude and disrespectful not to give someone your full attention.

How would you like it if someone couldn't give you even 10 minutes of their undivided attention when you need it and expect it, and possibly have a time crunch to get it?

That, on top of the fact that I say I love my Mom and she is in fact important to me.

Yeah, I'm not exactly showing that in a way she will believe.

I'm sorry, Mom. I'm working on myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment