Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Ode to Texas

Holding so many
I know and love
Whether in or near,
You help me keep them dear.
Making me happy
As the sun beams above.

Beams that are blazing hot,
Which is your summer flaw.
Doesn't everything have one?
That can make some run,
Yet you are still sought
And loved by moi.

Loved because you are home
For now, maybe always,
Because of friends and family
To make memories happily,
Even though I roam
For months, weeks, or days.

You're hard to leave.
You pull me back.
I hate missing out
And will probably come round about
For a reason, I believe,
But give me some slack!

I love to travel,
Make new friends far away.
Enjoy life to the fullest!
Try to be the coolest.
Do all things novel,
So you can't make me stay.

Lucky you,
Most of the time
I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment