Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Love the Ones You Work With


Your boss and co-workers make a huge impact on whether you like, dislike, or love your job.  I’ve had a lot of miscellaneous jobs over the last 10 years of working and seem to like my bosses and co-workers just fine.  Actually, I can’t think of a boss I haven’t liked working for, though I can, unfortunately, think of a few co-workers I haven’t liked working with.  Bless their hearts.

Right now, I love my co-workers!  And yes, I love my job!  Between the super sweet IT guy, the amazingly helpful receptionists, and the knowledgeable and friendly medical staff, I can’t decide who takes the cake!  We all have a part to play in giving our patients excellent care; we all know our role yet are team players and work well together as a whole.  A doctor in the clinic even highlighted that fact just today.

There are numerous examples of how great my co-workers are from letting me use them as an interpreter so a patient receives dietetic services to simply laughing and talking about life.  Today is a good example: everyone pitched in to make breakfast possible.  We made waffles!  Someone brought eggs and potatoes, another person brought milk, another brought fruit, and so on and so forth.  It was delicious and fun! :)  

My co-workers take me out to lunch, walk or workout with me, tell me life lessons learned, and give me advice.  They also let me practice Spanish with them and they ask for diet advice from me. We talk a lot about food and nutrition, and, although I am miles away from being the food police (I hope!), they still say things like, “put that [candy] away!  Jessie is here” or “Not in front of the dietitian!” (while someone pulls out some junk food).  Comments like that are just funny, but it’s really fun to see and hear about their progress when they make changes!  For example, an MA is stoked about meeting her goal to not eat as many flamin’ hot Cheetos and a receptionist beamed to me that she had water instead of a coke.

So, yeah, I love who I work with because they are wonderful and, thus, make the work environment wonderful.  Hats off to them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment