Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Best Weekend


Best.  Weekend.  Ever.

This past weekend held a beautiful union of a best friend to a great guy, epic talks, long and sometimes dangerous drives, blissful catch-ups, and so much love!

It actually began on Thursday when I drove home then on to where my family lives with a friend (and fellow bridesmaid).  Thankfully, she drove that leg despite both of us being exhausted, especially since 1) I don’t like to drive and 2) I had just been driving for 3 hours.  We had a really good conversation and arrived on time and ready to go for the rehearsal.  We enjoyed the evening before running some errands, which were questionable and should be erased from my memory.  We called it a night at my grandparents. 

My grandparents are the cutest!  (My friend and others will vouch for that) I love them so much!!  We talked before going to bed and then talked some more in the morning, when my grandma made us breakfast – she makes the best omelets -- and when we ventured over to the house they’re building.

After seeing my grandparents house, me and my friend met up with the bride and other bridesmaids to chill out and get ready for the ceremony.  It was a beautiful wedding, and I was so very honored be a part.  The bride and I met in graduate school even though we had the same major in undergrad.  Day one of grad school and we decided to become carpool buddies.  She said, “by the end of this, we’re going to be best friends” and she was right :)  She is stellar in so many ways, and I’m so happy for her and her now husband! 

After all the wedding festivities, my friend and I booked it back home.  My friend was leaving the country the next day, so I drove while she slept.  I slept in and met one of my best friends.  Before she had to go to work, she told me about life and made me laugh, as usual.  I then had time to kill, so I made use of it and went to get my car looked inspected.  The brakes have been squeaking and the last guy who worked on it said some sort of fluid should be replaced.  Well, something was caught and making the squeaking, so the mechanic got rid of it and checked everything else out.  No problems and brake checks are free, so I paid nothing!  Refund!

While waiting for my car, I tried to make use of my time by studying Spanish.  When the car was ready to go, I went to see another best friend and her family.  They’re little girl just turned 1 and is too precious!  They’re family, and I always love spending time with them.  Now maybe even more because the husband gave me the best compliment in a long time!  He said that there weren’t many people who were not family that he could stand to live with but that I made the list.  He went on to say that he was glad I was visiting and that I was one of his wife's friends whom he really liked.  Glad it’s mutual.  I really hope whomever I marry will get along with them and love them as much as I do. 

My friends had company coming over, so I went to dinner with another best friend, whom I haven’t been able to have a good, deep conversation with in awhile.  I got to see her new, super cute place, catch up on her life, and tell her about mine.  We capped off our evening of delicious restaurant food with a funny movie.

I then went back to my friends place because earlier, while talking about life, she decided to twist my arm until I agreed to stay the night and run together in the morning.  It literally took 2 seconds.  “Want to stay the night and run in the morning?!   You brought your running stuff, right?  Oh, who am I kidding.  Of course you did!”  “Yeah, I’ll stay!”  It was like old times… familiar route and great company.

A weekend with almost all my best friends and several good friends, while doing things I really like… I think I’ll be on a high for quite some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment